200g baking margarine
250g brown sugar
75g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
225g plain flour
125g cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g chocolate chips/chunks (personally I like an even mix of chopped white and dark chocolate)
Optional but tasty: 75g extra chocolate shards to sprinkle on the top
Adult option: add a double shot of your favourite liquor, with an extra 75g flour to balance it out
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Line your tin or grease & flour as you prefer! Tip: use icing sugar instead of flour! Decadent
- Cream together the margarine and sugars until well mixed and smooth.
- Add the rest of the liquids: vanilla, eggs and beat in well.
- Weigh out the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt separately, and mix together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wets, and when they’re most stirred in, add your chocolate chips/chunks.
- Pour the whole glorious mixture into your baking tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, they’ll start to pull away from the tin when ready.
Tip: if you want them to cut neatly, wait until 45 minutes after they come out of the oven to slice them.