125g plain flour
75g white bread flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
65g margarine (room temperature)
90g mature cheddar, torn into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Add margarine and crumb for 3 minutes until it appears like breadcrumbs.
- Add milk slowly while mixing.
- Add cheese chunks when dough is just about together – it is important not to over-mix or the cheese biscuits will be tough.
- Roll and cut out scones or form by hand depending on how you’d like them to look.
- Rest for 15 minutes before popping in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes until well risen, and golden on top.